Secure Online Shopping Online
“The progress of the Internet world is currently so rapid, the Internet not only can be used to find information and downloads, but more than that now many people use the Internet for online shopping facilities”
Some of us certainly never tried to shop online via the Internet. The advantage to be gained from the online shopping such as easy in terms of choosing the category of goods to be purchased, the price is not too far from those in the shops, diverse types of goods to which ones would be selected confused, has a service between the goods to The most important goal and we can easily shop with just sitting pretty in front of the computer.
But in addition to offering online shopping advantage is also a risk because we know that the Internet is fertile ground for deceptive practices, deceptive because the buyer and the seller does not meet directly. How do we get around this in order not to get stuck into the fraud caused the internet to shop online.
Here are some tips :
1. Do advance research and observation of the site that became the place we are going shopping. Check whether the seller is to include a contact who can be contacted as telephones, YM, address or have an account at social networking sites like facebook. If things like this do not exist or could not be reached then the site does not deserve to be a place to shop.
2. Do not easily give personal data. Usually personal information is rarely used in buying and selling online.
3. Find and read information about the policy of that site or better known as the Licence and Agreement. Do not let the site has a policy may provide personal information to other parties. Read also about the purchase and return policy because this is useful if later the goods we received does not match or disability.
4. Check prices listed on the goods, we should be suspicious if the same item has a price significantly different from those in store.
5. Do not use the same password when transacting online because it is at risk of password theft crime.
6. Provide a computer with an updated antivirus especially if you have antivirus protection spyware, anti-phishing and firewall better.
7. Ask for and keep proof of transactions online shopping usually reply via email.
8. Better make payments in online transactions if we have a paypal account. Because the payment via paypal be more secure than using a credit card.
9. If you do not have a paypal account and had to use a credit card, check whether the site’s URL has a padlock or secure. Usually the URL of a site like this will automatically paid directly from http to https when going to conduct a transaction.